A very rare opportunity to acquire a stunning period house that has been the subject of an extensive restoration programme over the last few years. The house is constructed of coursed sandstone and brick under a hipped tiled roof and is situated within a conservation area and an area of ‘special scientific interest’. The Hall is approached off a tranquil country lane which runs between Ipstones and the hamlet of Basford. With RSPB woodland running adjacent, a private tarmac driveway leads to a pair of imposing iron gates and the front Portico. A secondary driveway for deliveries leads to woodland and a garden amenity area. The nearby village of Ipstones has a corner shop, public house, and primary school and has won the Best Kept Village award for Staffordshire and is located between the historic market towns of Leek and Ashbourne. The larger conurbations of Derby, Stoke, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield and Leicester are within reach for those wishing to commute and the A50 is within thirty minutes, the M1 (junction 23a) 45 minutes and the international airports of Manchester and Nottingham East Midlands are within easy reach. HISTORICAL NOTE The initial construction of Belmont Hall was by John Sneyd of Keele and commenced around 1760 with the mansion house being completed circa 1770. The house was to be the main house on the family’s 2,000 acre estate until Ashcombe Park was built in the 19th century. The junior sons of the family lived at Belmont until it was eventually sold out of the family in 1913 and the estate divided. Since the turn of the 20th century the Hall has only changed hands five times and has been in its current ownership for over 12 years.
Main House: Entrance Halls; Drawing Room; Morning Room; Dining Room; Kitchen; Butlers Pantry; Six/Seven Bedrooms; Bedroom Seven/Study; Two Bathrooms; Cloakroom; Cellar; Boot Room; Garden Storeroom and Kennel; Garaging.
Annexe: Sitting Room, Two Bedrooms, Bathroom and Kitchen; Workshop; Laundry Room; Cloakroom.
Grounds in all extending to approximately eight acres. Extensive gardens of approximately 3 acres laid mainly to lawns, with hard tennis court and vegetable garden. Woodland and pastureland extending to a further 5 acres or thereabouts.